Hello everyone. I’m back with your new copy of the Portsmouth Daily. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. High: 76 Low: 57.
Here are today’s top stories in Portsmouth:
- A Portsmouth senior helps the lacrosse team build a dynasty (WMUR Manchester)
- Cambria Hotels spurs coast-to-coast expansion with 10 new franchise deals and four groundbreakings (PR Newswire)
- Portsmouth NH Downtown Workforce Housing Opening Affordable Apartments (Seacoastonline.com)
- “T-Bone” from WHEB 100.3 FM Off The Air: Report (Portsmouth Patch)
- Eastern Bank pays tribute to the Community Loan Fund
- Portsmouth events this weekend: Market Square Day; Music; Theater (Portsmouth Patch)
- Portsmouth Weekend Weather Forecast (Portsmouth Patch)
- Manufacturing Roundup: Lonza Completes Manufacturing Facility in Eastern Oregon; Walmart and CVS part of massive Covid vaccine spill – report (Endpoints News)
- Brett Eldredge shares latest ‘songs about you’ preview (iHeart)
- People use that euphemism in New Hampshire and it’s confusing (wokq.com)
- 5 new homes for sale in the Portsmouth area (Portsmouth Patch)
- They Might Be Giants postpone tour dates after ‘rather serious car accident’ (consequence)
- 7 credit unions recognize career milestones (Credit Union Times)
- Ride and Drive Expo features the latest in the electric vehicle market (Seacoastonline.com)
- Portsmouth baseball fall to Londonderry in NHIAA Division I semi-final (Seacoastonline.com)
- Chamber Collaborative Of Greater Portsmouth: Clean Energy Initiatives Forum presented June 13 (Portsmouth Patch)
- 🌱 Portsmouth Daily: the kitchen manager supervises children at risk; Fatal Accident (Patch)
- Events at Market Square Day, Portsmouth NH, Bonaire, Prescott Park (Seacoastonline.com)
- Housing at The Ridge in Rochester NH: Decision delayed by key issue (Foster’s Daily Democrat)
- Portsmouth condos on former Golden Egg site listed for $1.2m (Seacoastonline.com)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Portsmouth resident? looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many of them got the same answer: fine art.
Think you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securing of works of art. A company called Masterworks.io has built the largest platform for buying and selling art titles. In the past, you could only buy stocks from companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
This means that you can invest in stocks of million dollar works of art. And in these uncertain times, it turns out fine art can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
For more, visit Masterworks.io, where Portsmouth Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
View Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Portsmouth:
- The Gift: Celebrating African American Public Arts: 2022 Juneteenth Celebration (8:30 a.m.)
- PHS Graduation Ceremony – Portsmouth School District (5.30pm)
- Heather Maloney (8:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- New Hampshire Black Heritage Trail: “Our guided walking tours of Sankofa are in full swing, and we have a packed tour schedule over the weekend if you’re looking to get out and experience some of New Hampshire’s forgotten history. This weekend, we’re in Portsmouth and Milford…” (New Hampshire’s Black Heritage Trail via Facebook)
- HAVEN NH: “94 donors, $29,954 raised, goal of $40,000, – THANK YOU for helping us bring HOPE to coastal children! What a great way to kick off our partnership with Camp HOPE America which uses an innovative approach of combining power…” (HAVEN NH via Facebook)
- Sea coast Eat local: “💚 Thank you to everyone who has donated to our NH Gives campaign! 💚 We deeply appreciate the support, and if you missed the 24-hour window, donations are still open until June 10 at midnight. In the meantime , we hope to see you at the Exeter F…” (Seacoast Eat Local via Facebook)
- Portsmouth Firefighters Charity Association: “Don’t forget! Tomorrow, from 5-7pm, we’re hosting a free pet first aid and CPR course at Station 2. Check out our event page for more info!” (Portsmouth Firefighters Charity via Facebook)
- Strawberry Bank Museum: “Bottomline Technologies is a company that prides itself on the quality of its work, the environment it creates for its team, and the support provided to local communities. For 11 consecutive years, Bottomline Technologies has supported Strawbery…” (Strawbery Banke Museum via Facebook)
- The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth: “We’re in Caring Through COVID: Highlighting the Importance of Employee-Centred Community Resources in Mental Health Care. Pictured is Dennis Walker, Director of Emergency Services at Seacoast Mental Health Center. We’ll be sharing the rec. ..” (The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth via Facebook)
- New Hampshire Black Heritage Trail: “Juneteenth is fast approaching. Want to know more about this holiday? We have Annette Gordon Reed’s ‘On Juneteenth’ book for sale in our gift shop – 222 Court Street. Come get it!” (New Hampshire Black Heritage Trail via Facebook)
- Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation: “Thank you, The ReFill Station for donating proceeds from their rain barrel raffle!” (Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation via Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Portsmouth: “Tomorrow the big day! Another great item to be bid on tomorrow at the Portsmouth Rotary Golf Tournament! What a great item to be bid on!” (Rotary Club of Portsmouth via Facebook)
- Friends in action: “Never too late for a Friends in Action party! Revision Energy has joined us as a Friends in Action NH Gives sponsor. We have so much to be grateful for, and Revision Energy you are at the top of our list! Thank you!” (Friends in Action via Facebook)
- Coastal Health Foundation: “Saturday, June 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.” (Foundation for Seacoast Health via Facebook)
- New Hampshire Black Heritage Trail: “THANK YOU to everyone who donated to #NHGives! Although we didn’t meet our goal, your donations helped us win the Seacoast Area Most Donor Award. Thank you for helping us publicize New Hampshire’s Black .. .” (New Hampshire Black Heritage Trail via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Tony Schinella
About me: Award-winning journalist for Patch in NH (off and on) since May 2011. Locations: Amherst, Concord, Exeter, Hampton-North Hampton, Londonderry, Merrimack, Milford, Portsmouth, Windham. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/an…
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Portsmouth Daily? Contact me at email@example.com