BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Calling all foodies: AFRAM Restaurant Week is back to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
More than 20 local black-owned restaurants join the festival, offering AFRAM-specific food and drink Monday through Sunday.
READ MORE: UPDATE: A child has been found safely after an Amber Alert was issued for a missing Virginia child
This year, organizers are spotlighting local black and women-owned businesses in Charm City.
Located in R. House, Creole Soul Restaurant is participating again this year, serving mouth-watering meals all week long.
Owner Shunquita “Chef Que” Neal said it was important to recognize women in business, minorities in business and small business in general, especially this year.
“What brings people together more than food?” says Neal.
READ MORE: Baltimore County Public Schools superintendent under pressure to address leadership issues
Neal said Creole Soul focuses on comfort food and southern cuisine. In other words, as she puts it, dishes that are “good for your soul”.
“We’ll definitely have our signature gumbo that we have and we’ll feature our lobster mac,” she said. “We can even have a special little chef.”
Neal said she couldn’t have asked for a better community to celebrate.
“Baltimore is just a work of art in itself,” she said. “Baltimore is just a place where his love and support, especially for the African-American community… But the restaurant industry is really very united.”
NO MORE NEWS: East Coast sheriff slams Baltimore’s ‘revolving door’ justice system, says it contributed to deputy’s death
Below is a list of Baltimore restaurants participating in AFRAM Restaurant Week, along with the dishes they serve for the occasion:
- Bar One Baltimore
- Chilean sea bass with seafood risotto
- Cakes by Cynthia
- CANE Collective
- Mixed Berry Punch Cocktail Mixer
- Cheese mikes
- Capital Fair
- Platter of fried fish (whiting) with two sides
- Plate of stuffed salmon with two sides
- crazy puddings
- Snickerdoodle Banana Pudding and Strawberry Crunch
- Restaurant with a Creole soul
- Crust by Mack
- Fried Yeast Glazed Fried Donut Holes
- Restaurant of England
- Colossal Fried Honey Old Bay Shrimp Platter with Crab Cookie and Two Sides
- Coddies — Cod croquettes
- Freakin Sweet Jars
- Cinna Cheesecake Explosion Pot
- Vegan Gangster
- Get It Inn Island Cuisine
- Oxtail starter
- Shrimp Rasta Pasta
- My Mom’s Vegan
- Next Phaze Baltimore
- Crab cake platter with two sides
- Crab cake sandwich with fries
- Old Major
- Aloo Curry (potato curry)
- Wine bar + Serenity cafe
- Shipyard Pub
- Jerk lamb and prawn dish
- Simply at Mary’s
- Haitian Cuisine SoBeachy
- Beyond the Spiked Island Drink
- celestial cafe
- The land of Kush
- Vegan Crab Cake Sandwich Combo
- The athletic dog
- Baltimore Black Sox Dog