The Mohammed V University of Rabat, the Municipal Council of the City of Rabat, the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA), United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) (www.UCLGA.org) and its African Local Government Academy (ALGA) are co-organizing the 21st IASIA Annual Conference to be held, for the first time in the Kingdom of Morocco, in the City of Rabat, from July 25 to 29, 2022, at the Faculty of Legal, Economic and Social Sciences of Agdal.
Organized under the theme “The implementation and promotion of the principles of effective governance, to leave no one and no place behind”, the annual conference of the IASIA will highlight and discuss, on the one hand, the 11 principles of governance effective for sustainable development, designed by the members of the United Nations Committee of Experts on Public Administration (UN-CEPA), approved and adopted by ECOSOC in 2018, and will allow, on the other hand, the anchoring Effective Governance based on the values and principles of non-discrimination, participation, subsidiarity and intergenerational equity, as a guarantee of the well-being of populations, the development of territories and the sustainability of future generations.
For 5 days, the discussions will focus on the three fundamental pillars of Effective Governance, namely Efficiency, Integrity and Inclusion, Principles aligned not only with the 2030 Global Agendas for Sustainable Development, but also with the African Union Agenda 2063, in order to leave no one and no place behind.
The participants, representing the IASIA Community and Fraternity, political leaders, public administration decision makers, practitioners, academics, doctoral students and young researchers, as well as other actors and stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors from all over the world are expected (more than 65 countries).
The Conference Program will be marked by:
– Official opening and closing sessions;
– Sessions dedicated specifically to the General Theme of the Conference (called ConferenceTheme Track);
– Parallel workshops and panels on issues related to the general theme of the Conference;
– The holding of Sessions of the ten (10) IASIA Working Groups which represent the framework and one of the innovations in the modes of governance of this Organization, marked by some 291 scientific contributions;
– A Seminar dedicated to students of the Doctoral Cycle and another for assistance with publication;
– Elections for the renewal of the members of the IASIA Governing Board;
– The IASIA awards ceremony;
– A Session to present the Reports of these different Sessions.
The Conference will also be marked by the organization of a Moroccan Panel on “The new development model and advanced regionalization” which will be directed and moderated by eminent professors from the MOHAMMED V University of Rabat.
The 21st Conference is supported and sponsored in particular by:
– The Parliament of the Kingdom of Morocco, House of Representatives;
– The Ministry of Youth, Culture and Communication;
– The General Directorate of Territorial Communities (DGCT) of the Ministry of the Interior;
– The European Commission ;
– United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA)/Division of Public Institutions and Digital Governance – New York;
– The Ecological Transition Agency (ADEME) of France;
– The University Della Svizzera Italiana (USI) of Switzerland.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa).
Gaelle Yomi: [email protected]
This press release was issued by APO. Content is not vetted by the African Business editorial team and none of the content has been verified or validated by our editorial teams, proofreaders or fact checkers. The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.Source link